The University was founded in 1829 following a donation by William Chalmers, a director of the Swedish East India Company. He donated part of his fortune for the establishment of an "industrial school". Chalmers was run as a private institution until 1937, when the institute became a state-owned university. In 1994, the school was incorporated as an aktiebolag under the control of the Swedish Government, the faculty and the Student Union. Chalmers is one of only three universities in Sweden which are named after a person, the other two being Karolinska Institutet and Linnaeus University.
Chalmers will be offering around 50 IPOET scholarships in 2018, funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education, to prospective fee-paying students.
Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden
Level/Field(s) of study:
Unrestricted – all of the current Master’s Programmes at Chalmers
Number of Scholarships:
Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries
• A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters / 2 year programme)
• Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased scholarship reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fee during the second and final year of studies
• No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
• Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education
• 1st year Master’s Programme applicants
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university´s stature (including position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master´s programmes.
All scholarship applicants must make an application for the selected Master’s programme/s on University Admissions prior to making a scholarship application. Only applicants fulfilling the eligibility requirements for the Master’s programmes applied for are considered for a scholarship. The deadline for applications is 15 January 2018.
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chalmers.se/en/education/fees-finance/Pages/iPOET.aspx